2009/12/06

「HACHI 約束の犬」 Hachiko: A dog's story


During my exchange year in Tôkyô, I heard that Richard Gere is a fan of the dog Hachikô and plans to make a movie about the dog's story. In August 2009, I could watch his new movie 'Hachiko: A dog's story' (Japanese title: HACHI 約束の犬) in Japan. So I'd like to intodruce that movie...

「HACHI 約束の犬」 Hachiko: A dog's story

Directed by: Lasse Hallström
Produced by: Richard Gere, Bill Johnson, Vicki Shigekuni Wong
Starring: Richard Gere, Joan Allen, Sarah Roemer, Eric Avari, Jason Alexander
Country: United States
Language: English
Release (Japan): 8th August 2009
Release (US): 18th December 2009 


Japanese Homepage 







Story: America. A young boy has to hold a presentation about 'his hero' at school, and the tells the story of Hachi, his grandfathers dog. There's a flash back and the story starts with College Professor Parker (Richard Gere) finding a young Akita Inu puppy at the train station. He takes the puppy home until the owner will be found, but no one misses the dog. So Prof. Parker conviced his wife and she finally allows to keep the dog. His Japanese-American friend Ken intodruces Parker to the story of the Akita Inu, which are known as very loyal dogs in Japan, and Parker starts to call the dog 'Hachi'. Hachi is very fond of Parker and every moring the dog accompanies the Professor to the local train station and waits until his return at 5 o'clock. One day, Prof. Parker unexpectedly dies during a lesson at University, but Hachi still waits a the train station for his master's return... 
Time goes by (10 years) and Hachi is still waiting for his master. The loyal dog became very famous and also newspapers report about him. Prof. Parkers wife comes to see the loyal dog still waiting for Parkers return. Until his own death, Hachi waits for his master...

Okay, that's the movie's story, which is based on the true story of the Japanese Akita Inu Hachikô (ハチ公). The original story of Hachikô and his master occured in the 1930ths, Tôkyô. After the death of his master, Prof. Ueno Hidesaburô, Hachikô waited in front of Shibuya Station for the return of his master - until his own death on 8th March 1935. Before Hachikôs death, the Japanese people made a bronze statue for the dog, which was erected in April 1934. Until today, the bronze statue in front of Shibuya station is a famous meeting point among Japanese.

Some words to the movie of Richard Gere. The movie is quite fine, I guess. I liked it very much, because I'm a big fan of Japanese dog breeds and always wished to have a Hachi for my own (at least, it became the tiny version - a Shiba Inu). But the movie is really, really sad. Take a lots of tissues with you and - because of all the crying in a quite cold cinema - I caught a cold. -__-" And as a dog owner, you always think about one question - "would my dog do the same for me?". In my personal case, the answer is "no". If I drop dead, I'm sure my little Shiba would eat my remains. Of course only because she wants to be close to me, ne? ;P

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen